“Framework” Rules of “TOT”
- The subject for the month will be posted on this site
- Each person will have an opportunity to speak (max. of 2 min) After each person speaks discussion of that particular subject will be addressed
- T.O.T. will conclude in about 1 hour. That’s 1 hour of solid discussion.
- People can stay and continue talk/eating/drinking/etc. after TOT closes.
- Before we leave the Tap, next months topic will be determined by a majority vote of people present. So bring some “talking points”.
The T.O.T. people approved almost 100%, but one person had an issue of only being able to only talk 2 min. It was quickly decided that we would amend this rule in certain situations.
Question #1 for Jan
- Is there a God? and why do you think so?
our discussion confirmed that their must be a God, and it’s a God of LOVE. Total in attendance was 11.
Question #2 for Feb. 27
- How is Jesus God?
Please come and let’s discuss some questions that I myself have. A couple talking points for our TOT talk:
- why did God created Jesus???? (or did he?)
- In the Old Testament….the Messiah was called out (how doe this relate to the 1st talking point?)
- Question, (this is speculation) God knows all. God sent to flood to eliminate evil, since he promised never to do that again to “wash away” sin, is this how Jesus got his start?
- Is the how God is inviting himself to us by positioning himself as a human being (Jesus Christ?)
I think these 4 points are important to have a good understanding to spread the GOOD NEWS.
From the Tap;
- God created Jesus to take away the sins of the world. To forgive our sins.
- God is with us. Even though we don’t see Jesus, we pray to Jesus as our Savior. Jesus is with us every tid me.
- The Old Testament is filled with us failing and the New Testament fills us with hope in the fact of Christ.
- Jesus is “God with skin on”.
- God came to earth as Jesus because God was lonely and wanted the full experience – to be born, hurt, love, feel, stand up for injustice and give himself fully.
- God is the greatest. Jesus came down to help the world….an change it too.
- Jesus, God, & the Holy Spirit are 3 persons in one being.
Question #3 for March 27th
- facts of the Holy Spirit
12 Attendees (4 newbies)
From the Tap;
- The Holy Spirit being with us at all times. All around us in prayer, in our lonliness, and in our happiness.
- The Holy Spirit is not always “my friend” as I might like. S/He often pushes me past where I want to be.
- The Spirit prods me toward giving/doing more than UI always want to do.
- The Holy Spirit comes through action; becons of hope for those who feel all is lost. Emma Gonzales gives a voice to students who live in fear every day. She is seen as pure goodness, that is working through empowering other to make change.
- I am a Gentile
- The spirit fies through me, raising the hair on my arms
Question #4 for April 24th
general thoughts or feelings about the devil
[9 attendees….one not shown]
I. Start at 7:00 (have beer ready)
II. Short prayer (1 min)
III. Review agenda (2-4 min) AND WLFSG web site!!
IV. Give everyone the opportunity for a max 5 min talk, with follow-up comments. (45 min talk)
V. Discuss topic for next month (5 min)
VI. Closing prayer (1 min)
VII. Dismissed no later than 8:15 (we officially ended at 8:01) 😊
We are going to go around the table and if you would like to declare what the devil is or what it means to you. From this point, according to the bible and history, what does the devil looks like and where does he live (or what space does he occupy? Plus…what’s the devils purpose? AND If God created everything why did he create the devil? Please share what you would like but remember 5 min limit.
(will pass this sheet around and please write a quick note that will be included in the monthly write up). It’s always posted on line. I don’t want your names …. just a DNA sample😉. Plus … USE THE WEB AGE! WLFSG.com
IV I’ll start with my view of the devil:
.• The devil is a spirit
• God created this spirit
• This is truly a test!
• It’s simple: you do good 😊 or you do evil. ☹
• I don’t believe in this fallen angle stuff
• Why doesn’t the Bible talk more about the “enemy”?
o Devil mentioned 36 times
o Satan mentioned in 51 verses
• The Lutheran church doesn’t show much of a specified interest.
• Is the thought of the devil just being passes from generation to generation
Comments from the group:
1. I was introduced to the devil (Satan) in Sunday school. I didn’t like him tempting Eve. Also, I don’t like to give Satan any credit. Don’t send him my way, I don’t want thing.
2. I grew up not acknowledging the devil. We didn’t want to give any power to that idea.
3. It’s giving Satan too much credit to say he is a person.
4. Devils are the deceivers of human kind. All devils answer to Satan. Satan is the fallen angel who disobeyed God causing Satan to fall from Gods grace. Satan’s objective is to get back at God for sending him down the earth, never to return to heaven. satins devil work on humankind is to disobey God also.
5. I grew up not acknowledging Satan as it gave him too much power. I feel that rather, we all know wrong from right and can choose.
6. I’ve always thought as the devil as an evil entity, who is there to tempt us. Just like Adam and Eve who was tempted with eating an apple from the tree of knowledge. Thus, disobeying God’s rule or breaking his word. Who do you listen too? (the little angel on the right or the little devil on left, or our shoulder).
Next month (May 22th) we are going to discuss “the second coming”
Question #5 for 22 May
Jesus ascended into heaven, the angels declared to the apostles, “‘Men of Galilee,’ they said, ‘why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven’” (Acts 1:11). Zechariah 14:4 identifies the location of the second coming as the Mount of Olives. Matthew 24:30 declares, “At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.” Titus 2:13 describes the second coming as a “glorious appearing.”
The second coming is spoken of in greatest detail in Revelation 19:11-16, “I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. ‘He will rule them with an iron scepter.’ He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh, he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.”
T.O.T. People: What do you think of the second coming?
1. Personally, I don’t really think about it that much because I always start questioning myself. We are here to praise the jealous God (Exodus 20). Yes, it is difficult to isolate your praise. We shouldn’t be trying to predict or account for this coming, but we need to be ready! The bible talks of “thieves in the night”, could that happen? Or could it be like what was said in revelation (see above)? We need to BLJC.
2. I’ve always been content to know that there will be a second coming. No one knows details. We just need to know Jesus TRUST!
3. I know that with the second coming of Jesus, I feel that I must be prepared Spiritually. Think that the three horseman will scare the daylights out of me.
4. I really get tired of people or persons telling me the world is coming to an end on a certain date. No one knows when except God. Just be ready & prepared for Jesus Coming.
5. I have never understood the concept of the “second coming”. Doesn’t Christ come into our lives every day every moment of our lives? Doesn’t he vanish our fears & enemies if we truly except him into our lives.
6. I don’t really worry about the second coming because only God knows when that is going to be or how it is going to happen
7. The second coming is hope for all creation – because it’s Jesus who is coming to judge the living and the dead.
8. It will come to all of us; whether to a certain “time” for all or whether to us as individuals at our death in this demention.
Next meeting is 26 June and the topic is Stewardship (more to come)